This week, I have been a mess. Considering, it’s only Tuesday, things aren’t going according to my plan. I know the words. I have my handy-dandy outline waiting for me to move from chapter four and on to chapter five.
And yet I’m like this…
Let’s be honest, twitter is always open.
But today, I distracted myself with baking.
You can totally make this recipe with a box of regular brownies and caramel sauce. Or, you can make them from scratch. Below is the recipe I used to make the sweet, gooey goodness.
Salted Caramel Brownies
- Soft butter and flour for greasing and dusting the pan, unless you use spray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, sifted
- 1 cup brown sugar, sifted
- 8 ounces melted butter
- 11/4 cups cocoa, sifted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons flaked sea salt (save for the end)
- 14 ounces caramels
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
For Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Butter and flour an 8-inch square pan or use spray.
- With a mixer, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow. Add both sugars. Add remaining ingredients, and mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured 8-inch square pan, set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted. Pour over brownie layer, making a pattern of gooey-yumminess.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Check for doneness with the tried-and-true toothpick method: a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan should come out clean. Sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool.
One thought on “Salted Caramel Brownies”
Oooh, I so have to make these now! Thanks so much Nat! 🙂 I’m drooling as I type! 😉