This Thanksgiving, I decided to bring some cupcakes when we visited family. Not sure what to bring, I decided chocolate and candy were sure to be a crowd pleaser. Luckily, I was right. I’d not only impressed my family with my newfound cupcake making skills, they all thought they tasted really yummy. Some even asked if we bought them. It was nice to say, nope! I made them! Instead of punching through the cupcakes with the piping bag, I tried a different technique and only filled a cupcake approximately a 1/3 of the way full before spooning some stiff hot fudge into the center. Make sure you DO NOT let the hot fudge reach the sides. It must be kept in the center for this cupcake to come out correctly.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- hot fudge sauce (don't warm it up, you want it really stiff)
- 2-3 mini Milky Way candy bars, cut up or crumbled
- Chocolate Caramel Frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with batter.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon hot fudge sauce into center of each cupcake and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Top each cupcake with Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Frosting and Milky Way crumbles.