Thanks to Wegmans, I spied with my little eyes something that looked delicious when I went to get groceries and even though I didn’t know of a recipe to make at the time, I picked it up.
Here is the culprit:
Since I’ve been baking a lot since we moved, I tend to keep either a white , butter, or yellow cake mix on stock in my cabinets. The recipe I found to make these yummy apple cupcakes called for white cake mix, but I had butter cake mix so that was what I used. They still turned out heavenly. I would have made the icing from scratch, but since this icing is what inspired the whole baking bit, I decided to go ahead and use it. I will tell you – it’s very sweet. It tastes delicious, but next time, I will make my own caramel buttercream frosting. Homemade is so much better.
- **Substitute with Bisquick following box directions & add cheese to make it even easier!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
- Use 2 knives to cut in the butter until small pea-sized crumbs form.
- Add the cheese and toss until coated with flour.
- Add the milk and stir until just combined - DO NOT OVERMIX!
- Drop by 1/4 cup fulls onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14 - 16 minutes until golden around the edges. Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine melted butter with parsley and garlic salt.
- Remove the biscuits from the oven and brush butter generously over the tops while hot.