This recipe can be found in the South Beach Supercharged cook book page 282. I altered it to create the yumminess you see below.
You will need:
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (from a jar), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4-(6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOL)
Now here’s what you do…
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bow, combine cheese, tomatoes, garlic, and basil. (I didn’t have basil so I mixed up a bunch of random herbs like oregano, etc)
- Season with pepper and mash together well with a fork.
- Butterfly chicken by carefully slicing horizontally along the long edge of each breast, three-quarters of the way through.
- Open up each breast and spread inside with one-fourth of the feta mixture. Close breast over filling and press edges together to seal. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on both sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and serve warm.
I changed this a bit:
- I transferred the chicken after it browned into a pyrex oven dish. I drizzled my favorite tomato spaghetti sauce over the chicken.
- I let it cook for about 10 minutes then I added my favorite cheese. I let that cook for another 10 minutes.
- I took it out of the oven, allowed it to cool, and served with a scoop of low-fat sour cream and a few jalepeno peppers.