Every teacher knows if you want a peaceful year, there are two groups of people you need to wow — the custodians and the secretaries. Of course, everyone else is just as important, but those two groups of individuals can make your work day run so much smoother. The very first year I taught, I made a batch of these and gave them to those two groups, they loved them and knew I appreciated all their hard work. My husband had a pot luck now that the government is back to work, so I decided to make some of these.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- hot fudge sauce (don't warm it up, you want it really stiff)
- 2-3 mini Milky Way candy bars, cut up or crumbled
- Chocolate Caramel Frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with paper bake cups.
- Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Fill muffin cups 1/3 full with batter.
- Spoon 1 level tablespoon hot fudge sauce into center of each cupcake and cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake portion comes out clean. Remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Top each cupcake with Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Frosting and Milky Way crumbles.