Friends in Low Places
The show opens with a bit of awkwardness in each relationship we see.
We discover George had a one-night stand with Lavon’s cousin,Lynly. He didn’t know that was his cousin, and being the sweet southern boy that he is, he made her eggs before leaving. That gesture turned her one night stand into wanting to see him again, but he’s not really interested. Lavon goes to George as his lawyer, about his cousin, not realizing it was him that slept with her.
Zoe is back to Bluebell and her boyfriend Joel is with her. She spends the day trying to convince him that Bluebell is awesome. Dash is spreading the rumor that Lemonade LIVES and everyone in the Rammer Jammer eggs them on to kiss. Lemon comes up with steps to dissolving her fake relationship.
The Fake Relationship Break Up Rules
- Announce having problems
- Stage fight and end it
- Move on with lives and hope everyone has amnesia
- You get some mouthwash
Lemon is having a secret affair with Meatball and when he finds out she is “with” Wade, he refuses to continue their relationship. Zoe thinks Lemonade is disturbing an possibly against nature, yet when she takes Joel for breakfast, she’s obviously jealous and Wade can see it.
Later, Zoe finds Lemon flirting with Carter Covington and starts to question their relationship.
As the day progresses, the small dinner party thrown by Annabeth and Lavon for Zoe and Joel turns into a full affair as George, Lemon, and Wade manage to get invited (or invite themselves) and the craziness begins.
- Lavon hated Joel’s book and they get into an awkward conversation.
- George tries to backpedal with Lynly, but she really wants to have some sort of relationship with him. He says no and Lavon interrupts, trying to find out WHO broke her heart.
- Zoe realizes nobody knew until yesterday about Lemonade and believes their relationship is fake.
- Wade really doesn’t want the fake relationship to come to light and Lemon introduces him to Carter in front of Zoe to sell it, then tells Carter in private the relationship is fake b/c Wade is terminal.
- Joel eats a catfish cake and starts having a reaction b/c he’s allergic to peanuts.
- Meatball crashes the party intoxicated and drops the ball that he has had sex with her. But the best part is in how he introduces himself to Carter — “I’m Meatball. No last name needed, like Cher or Jesus.”
Joel asks three important questions that we were all thinking and what Zoe called:
Bluebell’s Favorite Game
3. Is Cricket’s husband gay or just Southern?
Gee, Cricket, I don’t know.
Wade and Zoe share a moment, showing us Zade is not dead.