I’d like to think that I’m an amazing cook and I made these from scratch. Sadly, that’s not the case. I simply used a box that I found at my local grocery store. I checked Amazon, but I couldn’t find it there. While I am against buying from Wal*Mart while they suck so bad at paying their employees fair wages, but this was the only site that sold it online for those of you that might want to make them yourself.
What really made these so yummy is that I filled them with the frosting. If you have wondered how to fill your cupcakes without destroying them, it’s very easy. You need a pastry bag filled with your icing. If you don’t have one, just use a storage bag or a sandwich bag with the tip cut. Put the bag in a tall glass and scoop the icing into the bag to fill it without a lot of mess. Push the tip with the icing into the center and fill. Easy peasy. My first two high school jobs were in ice cream (Friendly’s and Dairy Queen), so I try to put my icing on as if I were filling a cup or bowl with ice cream.
If you can’t get your hands on this yummy box, try this version instead courtesy of Very Best Baking.
- 1 package (18.25 oz.) spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 oz.) LIBBY’S® 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 container (16 oz.) prepared cream cheese or vanilla frosting
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Paper-line or grease 24 muffin cups.
- BLEND cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water in large mixer bowl until moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- BAKE for 18 to 23 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Spread cupcakes with frosting. Decorate with assorted sprinkles, if desired.