I’ve been introduced to a product that not only made my skin feel amazing after the very first use, it is taking cutting-age, state-of-the-art science and technology and making it an integral part of the beauty industry.
Cellure is a product that applies the same stem cell technology used to cure diseases to slow down, rewind, and/or halt the aging process. The idea that this product can do such a hefty task is mesmerizing, essentially a “Death Becomes Her,” one size fits all in a bottle beauty regiment.
The Science Behind It:
As a biology teacher with a love for science and a special place in my heart for genetics and heredity, this product sounds amazing. One of my lessons deals with the advances of modern medicine in today’s society. We already have the ability to create Designer Babies, preventing something as serious as a disease from spreading by selecting the “good gene” over the “bad” one to something as “cosmetic” as gender determination. The idea of using stem cells to further the beauty industry, signifies this technology is here to stay and that it is finally beginning to be accepted by the world. It will offer what every man, woman, and teen wants to know – how to reverse the signs of aging by keeping our skin healthy and vibrant for as long as possible.
Scientists have discovered that stem cells have the ability to become any type of cell in the body – when the body needs to repair itself, they send out proteins necessary for healing. With this technology, scientist’s have harvested lipoprotein, a product of stem cell replication. THIS is the ingredient that has been known to not only prevent cancer (the uncontrolled cell growth due to mitosis), but heal burns, and the purpose this product was created: to stop aging.
How this works:
The products are paraben-free and tag-teams with your skin’s natural defenses, sending out “soldiers” to repair and restore damaged skin. This product states it will do the following:
- Reverse Cell Degradation
- Increase Cell Regeneration
- Infuse Moisture
- Fill in Empty Spots
- Smooth Sagging Skin and Wrinkles
What to do:
If you are going to do this right, you need to use every product in this line. I tested a sample of each from the full line of products:
- RESTART: skin cleanser
- RECODE: balancing toner
- REGENERATE: serum booster
- REWORK: eye treatment
- REBUILD: day cream
- RECOVER: night cream
The directions are straight forward explaining what you need to do and you can purchase this product online or by visiting their NYC flagship store.
- The products had a very light smell that reminded me of something I would find at a fancy store or private country club. It wasn’t overwhelming, but I found it relaxing.
- A little bit of product goes A VERY LONG WAY! I received two samples (one for day and one for night) and I probably could have used only half of one sample for all of the products (it stated it was enough for one daytime use) saving the rest for another day.
- My face immediately felt rejuvenated and appeared to have an added glow to it.
- Items can be bought individually, allowing you to purchase the entire package slowly or to focus on a problem area (such as the eyes) where cell degeneration occurs rapidly.
- Daytime vs nighttime plans to focus in on the areas where there is the most damage.
- The entire packaged deal comes with a rather steep price tag that the average working family cannot afford. The entire system will cost you $599 USD. Even though I believe the science behind this product is phenomenal and it’s a product that is more than likely worth every penny, until this product is one that is accepted by health insurances, it’s primarily going to be available to those obsessive shoppers with large credit card limits and the top 2% of the population or those of “upper class” status. Catering to the elite and celebrities and those with large amounts of money really bothers me because everyone deserves to feel beautiful and experience the feeling of their skin rejuvenating. From their website, it looks like this company is trying to reach out to dermatologist and doctor’s of the like, so maybe this will be in your treatment plan in the near future.
- The process is a long one. There are two treatment plans – one for day and one for night. DAY: Restart-Recode-Regenerate-Rework-Rebuild and the NIGHT: Restart-Recode-Regenerate-Rework-Recover. This may not be a problem for most, but I’m used to a 3-step process at the moment.
Those of you that try this product line out, let me know what you think. I’m still in shock of what we are doing with stem cells and it makes me miss studying genetics more than anything. I will be saving a sliver each month until I can purchase the full line because knowing how soft and silky it made my face feel after I used it for one day, I had to do a double take to make sure I hadn’t been dipped in gold.
Disclosure: This review contains a sample product sent to natashaneagle.com for consideration by PR. This site does not offer paid or guaranteed reviews, only honest opinions of the products tested.